Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealing with the Warm Weather

Options
  • 20-05-2010 8:18pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm wondering what you do with regard to bedtime when it's warm. Does baby still need a vest under the sleepsuit? Just a vest? He has been in a 1 tog sleeping bag with a vest and sleepsuit.

Anyway it's probably a bit of a numpty question!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Nope not numpty Das Kitty... I'm lurking around to see what others say, my little critter is the exact same as yours: vest, babygro and 1 tog. Wondering what to do now that its getting warmer... think the vest on its own would be too cold still???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i haven't a clue either, so i have my 10 month old in her vest, light pjs and a light blankey. the room temp is around 22.5...is this good??? bad????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Megan was a scamp last night and I think it was because she was too warm. I had her in a vest, pj's and a 1.3 tog bag!

I popped to tesco today and picked up a really light sleeping bag (it says 1.5 tog but its much lighter than her 1.3 tog one :rolleyes:) only cost E2.25! Bargain! And I've put her to bed in just a long sleeved vest. She'll probably be freezing tonight! Oh well, I'll find a happy medium in the end!

I've tried to give her extra water during the day too so that she doesn't get dehydrated at night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

hehe, my son was awake half the night too, was thinking that it was too warm for him, normally has vest, sleepsuit and 1 tog grobag. He's hasnt budged tonight and he in baby pj's i got in pennys, (he looks all grown up in it:(), and no grobag, put him down initally in the bag, but he woke half an hour later, I took it off and he's fine since. Tomorrow night might try him in just a vest and the bag. temp up there is 23.5 deg at the mo, which is way to hot to be in a grobag but i hate him without it.
    Interested to see what others are doing as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I used to leave off the vest and leave on a cotton babygro, with the vest alone their arms and legs aren't covered which if the temp drops suddenly over night means their little body would have to work extra hard to warm up their fingers and toes which are the the extremes of their circulatory system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Excellent suggestion T. this was my problem with just the vest for now = cold armsies!! Would never have thought of no vest and just babygro, makes so much sense, ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

last night ben slept with vest babygro and one cellular blanket..he kicked it off during the night (which he can't do with the bag) but he didn't wake up

he normally sleep with a bag on and 3 blankets and a duvet... he likes to be warm but he doesn't overheat with all this on it was trial and error to get the the right number ... over the next few nights if its as warm or warmer i'll take his vest off just to have him covered ...cos i leave a couple of upstairs windows open and i don't want him bitten by anything that will make it way in... midges and the like..
    when we were in the canaries in november 6 years ago the then youngest just slept in her nappy
    they're very good at getting they're point across :D
    just a small complaint ... i went looking for tee-shirt and shorts for ben today.. 3-6 month neither dunnes or penny's had any loads for girls.. luckily tesco to the rescue .. cute little onesie.. but i was so annoyed..:(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

We had to open the sleeping bag last and left the window cracked open, then he settled afterwards. I think will try dropping the pjs tonight.

As regards choice of clothes for boys, every parent of small boys has the same complaint, but the usual suspects are always heavily girl biased. (I know you can buy online etc. but if you want something cheap and cheerful in a hurry...)

Advertisement