Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intruder alarm with a difference!!

Options
  • 20-05-2010 7:02pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Check this out:

http://www.stopthecrime.com/default.htm

I'm sure it is not legal in Ireland, but it is interesting!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

Nice find 2011,
    One of the best ones I saw was a sound wave generator, it lets off a sound that makes you sick, your head is wrecked and all you want to do is get out, I saw it on some tech program years ago and have been on the look out since for them. They tested the presenter, put $500 in a safe, left the safe OPEN ant the other end of the room and said if you can get it then it's yours, he thought he would outsmart them and brought along ear defenders, he got about 10' into the room and had to get out and sit down, all shook up and confused. Now thats the system I'd like, who takes any notice of an alarm going off. I belive it was somthing to do with the frequency generated.
    If anyone has a notion on where to get or how to make I'd love to know, I dispise theiving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Nice find 2011,
    One of the best ones I saw was a sound wave generator, it lets off a sound that makes you sick, your head is wrecked and all you want to do is get out, I saw it on some tech program years ago and have been on the look out since for them. They tested the presenter, put $500 in a safe, left the safe OPEN ant the other end of the room and said if you can get it then it's yours, he thought he would outsmart them and brought along ear defenders, he got about 10' into the room and had to get out and sit down, all shook up and confused. Now thats the system I'd like, who takes any notice of an alarm going off. I belive it was somthing to do with the frequency generated.
    If anyone has a notion on where to get or how to make I'd love to know, I dispise theiving

mm, that sound generator is very interesting, do you have a link to the source of that article?

cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I remember one years ago for a car. A canister of tear gas released after 30 seconds if a pin code was not entered prior to ignition.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

No Kevin, I saw it Discovery a few years back, I must do a bit of researching again, no doubt some lads on here may shed some light on the subject, the beauty/downside (delete as appropiate) is there is no physical harm to the scumbag
    Have a look here

http://www.sonicsecurity.co.nz/video.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

I love it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Nice find 2011,
    There is something similar called a mosquito which only affects teenagers. It emits a frequency that only teenagers can hear. Shop owners use them to stop kids loitering

Advertisement