Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A single raspberry bush

Options
  • 20-05-2010 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,
    I recently built a plant bed 6 foot by 3 foot. In a rush to get things into it before the end of spring I bought a single Raspberry and a single Gooseberry bush. Does anyone now if either requires a partner ? Perhaps someone knows the correct term for plants who need a partner ?

In addition to these I've also planted strawberry plants, broccoli lettuce, garlic, some flowers, peas and a lone cumber which looks like it has died.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭flutered

n o partner required, as it is their first year pick off all the fruit as it starts to grow, you will have a bumper crop next year, raspberrys are are notorious for spreading, you need to stick some slate or whatever in an area outside of which you do not require them to grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭candlemouse

What! No raspberries to eat his year! ah here! humm! didn't see that com'in. How to explain to the children! Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Yep, your single Raspberry bush will have a partner before because they grow like weeds (actually more like Strawberries). BTW birds will really appreciate your efforts, I have to be on high alert every year when the fruits appear to get in ahead of the little blighters.

Advertisement