Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Report: Book Describing My Travels in China, Tibet, Nepal and India

• 20-05-2010 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

A while back, I made an overland trip through China, Tibet, Nepal and India. The journey started in Beijing and finished in Delhi. It was an incredible journey and I had some great adventures along the way. I decided to write about the trip and the book "High Road To Tibet" was published last Christmas. If you want to find out about these regions, please ask and I'll do my best to answer them. Please visit http://highroadtotibet.com for more information.
    John

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Looks very interesting. Well done. Can I ask how difficult it was to get it published?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭The_Daddy_H

nice, did a similar route myself, started in Russia through Mongolia then down western China as far as Shangri-la but didnt continue on to Tibet. Wrote a blog about it but tried posting it here, the entire thread was removed and I was told if I ever posted it again Id get booted off this site. So whats your secret?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

How long ago was that? Maybe if it was your first post or something someone may have thought it was spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭The_Daddy_H

Few months ago, and a few months before that. ive lots of posts on boards, been a poster in the poker forum for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

nice, did a similar route myself, started in Russia through Mongolia then down western China as far as Shangri-la but didnt continue on to Tibet. Wrote a blog about it but tried posting it here, the entire thread was removed and I was told if I ever posted it again Id get booted off this site. So whats your secret?

You can post it on here and create and new thread again if you want. Do you have any photos of the journey, that would be great also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bearaman

Hi Again,
    Dory, I self-published it through lulu.com and was very happy with the results. It's free to publish and they take a cut from each copy sold. Works very well for me. I also made the book available as a download for the Apple iPhone and iPad as well as the Sony Reader. I'm working on the Amazon Kindle version now. As it's self-published, I have to do all my own promotion and marketing but it all depends on how many copies you aim to sell. I have copies of the book on sale in Easons and Waterstones in Cork as well as a few other retails outlets.
    I'm hoping to put together a bit of an article on the process and would share it with you all if you like.
    John

Advertisement