Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Pilot Light Flashing on Zanussi-Electrolux Fridge Freezer

Options
  • 20-05-2010 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just in case anyone out there has had this problem ...

For the last few weeks I have noticed the green Pilot Light Flashing on my 3 yr old Zanussi-Electrolux Fridge Freezer.

Its a little green Led thingy over the top door beside the thermostat.

Don't know what it means .. its still working away fine, but presuming its something serious and it may be signalling that if I don't act quickly the whole fridge is about to pack it in any day now.

Already checked the manual .. no help.

I bought it in Curry's. I don't remember if its gauranteed etc. (think it was just 1Yr)

Any suggestions welcome ....

I have already checked that there are no blockages or obstructions on vents inside and outside etc.

Tried changing the Thermostat temps also .. this didn't stopp the blinking.

Help !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭littlevillage

For the benefit of any other Forum members who have seen this...

As predicted, the Flashing Pilot light was a danger sign. It signals that the Fridge is unable to achieve target temperature.

About two Weeks ago the Fridge part of my Fridge Frezer stopped working altogether and warmed up and spoiled the food. (Freezer stayed working thankfully so didn't lose any frozen food)

I rang up Electrical repair places around Galway ... could not actually get talking to anyone. (Which was shocking ... Business must be good if they don't answer the phone) anyway eventually Galway Appliance Repairs (I think) rang me back.

The Guys advice (which in fairness, was free) has seemed to work.

Switch off the Appliance for a few hours, let the motor cool down.

Pulled it out another inch from the wall too. (now its 3 inches from the wall behind) ...I also opened a Window in the kitchen to cool the room down too.

Walllahhh !!... it seems to have done the trick. Its been working perfectly again for the last 5-6 days.

I was about to buy a new Fridge Freezer. So that lad may have saved be 300-400 Quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

when you open the fridge door is there a red light/switch that lights ?

is it on ? if it is turn it off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 deeganb

Thanks for the update mine has also failed in the fridge bit! You'd think the manual would say what the flashy light means! Is it working ok now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Fridge is acting up again now.

The compressor is constantly on .. its so loud that its keeping me awake at night. (My Bedroom is above the Kitchen)

Fridge compartment seems to have heated up as well... but is possibly still just about working.

Freezer part is still working fine.

I have tried the recommended trick of turning it off for a few hours etc. But the Compressor comes on straight away when I plug it back in.... and stays on

I'm afraid it could be a potential fire hazard at this stage.

Think its going to have to go. :-(

Disappointed by Zanussi .. they are expensive stuff ...and I expected at least 10 trouble-free Years out of it. Won't buy Zanussi again.

Other Family members have Hotpoint .. seem to give no trouble at all.

Advertisement