Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twitter Surf Report

Options
  • 20-05-2010 2:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi there,

I dont know if this is the right place to be posting this but im looking for help, i have a surfing website that updates the latest surf conditions from Tramore.

How i do this is:

I have a meteor phone i use an add on called agtweet who i text the conditions to and they put it up on my twitter page.

Twitter then posts the conditions and i have it connected to both my website and facebook where it auto posts there for me too.

Now i would like to offer people the option of recieving my surf reports from twitter to there phone, id like to do this as easy as possible as some of my users would not be very techy.

Does anyone know a cheap/simple way of doing this, id even be happy if it cost a small amount per text per person and cover the cost by an advertiser.

Thanks
    Nick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

There are applications that you can install on your phone (iphone/android/etc) that will allow you to use your free web-based text messages.

One example is Jelly SMS (www.jellysms.com)

Advertisement