Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beech Hedge Boost

Options
  • 20-05-2010 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me whatws the best way to give my new beech hedge a boost at the moment. Its on its second year, all of the leaves are out and Im wondering if psraying something onto leaves is the best way.

Any replies are extremly grateful, brand of fertilizer etc?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭lalorm

Hi,

Put some epsom salts around your plants and water it in, or desolve it in a watering can and water them with it. epsom salts can be found in most garden centers. I got some in Newlands Garden center near Clondalkin and after about 10 days got a lot of new growth. Around 5-6 euro a box.

Cheers
    Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

lalorm wrote: »
    Hi,

Put some epsom salts around your plants and water it in, or desolve it in a watering can and water them with it. epsom salts can be found in most garden centers. I got some in Newlands Garden center near Clondalkin and after about 10 days got a lot of new growth. Around 5-6 euro a box.

Cheers
    Michael

Brilliant. Thanks a million
    (Just did a wiki on it and it looks like an excellent fertilizer, cheap too)

Advertisement