Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boom for quad

Options
  • 20-05-2010 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

has anyone made up there own boom for a guad?

i'm thinking of doing it as there pricey enough. i have a 100L quad x sprayer. not sure what kind of capacity the pump has. mostly want it for spraying around ditches.

we've never had our own sprayer so i dont know much about nozzles??
    what kind would i want?
    price?

there doesnt seem to be much too them apart from a bit of pipe, nozzels and a boom providing the pump on it is good enough.

any advice anyone, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

jm99 wrote: »
    has anyone made up there own boom for a guad?

i'm thinking of doing it as there pricey enough. i have a 100L quad x sprayer. not sure what kind of capacity the pump has. mostly want it for spraying around ditches.

we've never had our own sprayer so i dont know much about nozzles??
    what kind would i want?
    price?

there doesnt seem to be much too them apart from a bit of pipe, nozzels and a boom providing the pump on it is good enough.

any advice anyone, thanks
    I have a boom for the quad, bought off some guy in wales on ebay, cant really remember what i paid but ti was cheap compared to rpices over here, anyway used it but found that you are no sooner out when you need to refil tank. unless its a small bit of ground they are a waste of time i think..what i do find handy for the quad is the hand lance, just lock the trigger, turn on the pump and drive away, great for doing along edge of road etc or under fence ( if not in REPS) also use the licker on quad and find that pretty effective against rushes

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Horace

this one on ebay seems like good value but maybe beceause of the risk of spray drift it could only be used in very calm weather .http://cgi.ebay.ie/25-Boominator-Boomless-Sprayer-Attachment-Quad-Tractor-/370338816600?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item5639e9e258

Advertisement