Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any one experience with reconditioned PS3 from Smyths?

Options
  • 20-05-2010 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Hey guys & gals,
    PS3 40gb gave up the lens ghost the other night. Read on a post here about Smyths taking them in and giving reconditioned models. So gave them a ring.

Has any one done this? What was your experience?

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hey guys & gals,
    PS3 40gb gave up the lens ghost the other night. Read on a post here about Smyths taking them in and giving reconditioned models. So gave them a ring.

Has any one done this? What was your experience?

Cheers.

What would worry me is the people that are trading in one on their last legs, knowing its going BRoD or YLoD. If it goes after the 3 months warranty, you are back to square one.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

They said the warranty is for 6 months. They said reconditioned so surely they couldn't sell one that has just been traded in? Would they draw the line between 2nd hand and reconditioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

They are refurbs, Smyths don't trade consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Any experience with the trade ins, eh, Mr Trade In? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,278 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Smyths would have nothing to do with the refurbs so it is a moot point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭macman2010

My 60G broke in January, when i contacted Sony they said Smyths were one of the agents for the refurbed units.
    So i bought the refurbed from Smyths in January for €160, however only 2 days ago it broke and it was out of the 3 month warranty they gave me.
    They were not going to change it but i pushed them and they agreed to change it.
    Xtra vision also give this "service" so if you get one i would push for a 6 month warranty.

3 Months is worthless, if you get it fixed in a repair centre they offer a 6 month warranty.

Advertisement