Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mounts and pets

Options
  • 20-05-2010 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Feeling a little lul in the game at the moment. being doing some alt work but want to focus on achievement stacking on my main.

Overachiever is a good site that can tell you the top 10 easiest achievements you can acquire next.

But I'm interested in the mounts and pets.

Looknig for advice from people as to how you go about grabbing them up. Repfarming etc.

Having pretty much two raid night a week, acumulating 4-5 hours for a 12/12 clear, is leaving me alot of free time :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

I currently have 79 mounts and 58 pets. I always refer to http://www.wowwiki.com/Mount for mounts and http://www.wowwiki.com/Companion for pets. Ive pretty much gotten all the easy ones out of the way.

I do MT and SH every night in Outland, you need to do a few quests to get key for MT hc as far as i remember and be honoured with lower city to get key for SH hc. I also do Karazhan and Zul'gurub when the raid timer expires. SH hc is easy enough to solo. I always do MT with my m8, but with the right type of gear id say it could be done easily enough solo. Kazazhan can be tricky aswell, but again with the right gear/class combo it should be ok to solo. First boss in Zul'gurub aint to hard, but second can be tricky (you have to kill boss and both adds at same time, otherwise they keep rezzing each other)

Blue drake drops in Oculus, seems to have a pretty good drop rate, mind you i still have to get it. A proto drake drops in Upgarde Pinnacle, but ive yet to see it drop or talk to anyone who has.

I got lucky in Stratholme, it dropped after about 10-12 tries.

I pretty much got most the faction reward mounts, its all about the grind. Still have to grind the argent ground faction mounts (thats alot of grinding :().

Theres the ones one get with 50k aswell, easy enough to grind the rep.

And i keep checking to AH for pets, some go really cheap, others cost a bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

There's an addon you can download called the collector.
    It's really handy.

Tells you what pets / mounts you don't have.
    Lists each one in the game, where you get it.
    Tells you the drop rate if it drops from a mob.

Gave it a try, was on 68 pets. Helped get my 75 pet ach (:

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

TheDoc - did you mean the Over Achiever add-on or a website? Gonna try out the collector too - Im something of an achievement whore, specially for titles :P

Me too (:
    On about 13 or 14 at the moment.
    I need more!!
    xD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Was thinking of wasting 20 quid & getting the celestial mount, looks damn cool, i know, nothing special, speed boost yadda yadda, everyone and their mother has one. Still, looks awesome. Is it worth the 20 euro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Xinkai wrote: »
    Was thinking of wasting 20 quid & getting the celestial mount, looks damn cool, i know, nothing special, speed boost yadda yadda, everyone and their mother has one. Still, looks awesome. Is it worth the 20 euro?

Having a instant mount on every toon you create on that account = win

Think it scales with your character too, as in - It gets faster when you hit 60. I think..

But it does look pretty cool, plus didn't part of the proceeds go to make a wish? That sealed it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

But it does look pretty cool, plus didn't part of the proceeds go to make a wish? That sealed it for me.

That was the Pandaren Monk which is cool.

Don't buy The Retarded Horse. They look stupid and encourage bliz to nickle and dime us for **** reskins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

In fairness, i used to be in Totalbiscuit's guild when he was active, and he had one of the celestial steeds, & would'nt stop talking about how awesome it was in gchat at one point... can't remember the name of the guild, but it was on Anachronos eu. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I bought one. It's a mount for every toon I ever have, and a flying mount too. Considering multiple characters over multiple servers, and newly created ones on random servers without a gold reserve to back it up, every little helps.

And tbh, I had the cash, and I thought it looked cool initially. I get bored with mounts quite quickly though. The only one I really like is the Raven Lord.

• Advertisement

Oh I did buy it, I have to collect as many mounts as possible when playing y'see. ;)
    But I would love the Pandaren Monk.. He is so cool.

Advertisement