Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which capo is best?

Options
  • 19-05-2010 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭

Just came to the sad sad realisation that my capo has disappeared somewhere between my house being robbed and some building work being done.

Before I buy a new one, I'm just wondering what the best kind of capo is? I had a shubb (clamp on and screw tight) before, since I heard it was best for the guitars neck, but I thought I'd ask for opinions here on the best capo I can get.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I use a G7th Nashville, it does the job and wasn't too expensive either. Fairly quick and easy to take off and put on.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Strings.ie

The most popular ones we sell are the Trigger style.
    Shubb is still a favorite because they last and you can buy replacement parts.
    Then you have the new generation capos such as G7th and the sliding capos which are popular with trad players.

I like the Trigger style for Acoustic Guitar as you can leave it attached to the head when not in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Cheers for the input, would it be worth going for the G7th over a normal trigger style?

Advertisement