Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have a issue with Eircom Netopia 2247NWG router and xbox 360

Options
  • 19-05-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

My current setup is that I am using Vodafone DSL Broadband. Thats going ok.

Im am using my old eircom netopia 2247NWG as my main Modem/router as this is better than the one vodafone provided.

my house is big so I use a second router (belkin) to expand my network to the other side of the house, which works fine.

My issue is that I have Xbox live and it works grand when connected directly to the netopia router. but when i connect it to the belkin router i notice that the signal quality becomes weaker and it take a long time to find games especially in MW2.

I swapped the netopia with the vodafone modem/router and that solved the problem of finding games quickly but I would like to keep using the netopia as i get better download speed and better performance.

It looks to me like its a setting on the netopia router that is causing this.

My neighbour has the same setup and same problem.

Anyone no which setting to change on the netopia to resolve this.

Many thanks in advance.:)

Advertisement