Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Li Wei - I think I can fly

Options
  • 19-05-2010 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭

Li Wei (born 1970, Hubei, China) is a contemporary artist from Beijing. His work often depicts him in apparently gravity-defying situations. More pictures.

li-wei-4.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

liwei2bm_800x804.jpg

Li_Wei_4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Ehhh WTF?

i-think-i-can-fly50.jpg

i-think-i-can-fly40.jpg

i-think-i-can-fly59.jpg

So what is it? Just really good photoshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Ehhh WTF?

So what is it? Just really good photoshop?

According to the article "Li Wei states that these images are not computer montages and works with the help of props such as mirror, metal wires, scaffolding and acrobatics.". So I dunno. This article says most of the ones here were done with mirrors, and that wires and scaffolding are photoshopped out. His site shows a few setups.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

No photoshopping. It's just illusions made with the clever use of camera angles, and sometimes wires/hidden frames etc.

I've seen a documentary about him some time ago and he's extremely creative.

Advertisement