Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Images not loading in Browser(s) - XP MCE

Options
  • 19-05-2010 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82,145 ✭✭✭✭

XP Media Center laptop.

The User changed a setting of theirs so that no images/thumbs/cliparts show up on any webpages. Meaning for example, you dont even see the Google logo; just the search bar. You wouldnt see the Quote or Reply button on boards.ie either.

So I created an Admin account so with default settings this problem isnt apparent. Its only on the user's account.

What did they change and how do I change it back? Im fairly sure I already defaulted her internet preferences. And I cant just wipe and re-create the account without turning this into a 2-day project.

edit: IE, Firefox - this problem. Chrome: no.

She doesnt know why or how this is occuring.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Is it a setting in the advanced tab of internet options?

Goto Options -> Advanced -> scroll down in the settings section to multimedia and make sure show images is ticked.

Not sure if that should affect firefox also tho might not also be the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,145 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Forgot about this thread.

In the end I tried every trick I could gather - including that. Ultimately it involved a simple but time-heavy recreation of the user profile, presumably the user's .ini settings were corrupt. Just moved everything of theirs off the drive, deleted her, recreated her, and put her files back. Everything but the desktop wallpaper survived the explosion :) and the problem is solved.

Advertisement