Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old hard drive problem

Options
  • 19-05-2010 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, I was wondering if I could get your advice. My old laptop motherboard broke and I wanted to take the data off the old hard drive. I purchased a caddy and have it all up and running. The problem is I cannot find the profile I saved the files under. All my other user accounts are there except my password protected one. I have made the hidden folders visible but the profile still isn't showing.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

you need to take ownership of the files on the drive , right click and it's in security/properites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

you need to take ownership of the files on the drive , right click and it's in security/properites

Cheers, I knew it would be something simple I was forgetting. Thanks Capt'n :)

Advertisement