Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems sending email

Options
  • 19-05-2010 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

I have an iol.ie account. In last few days I've found that I can receive emails but can't send them. I've been onto Eircom.net and done the tools - accounts- server- mail1.eircom.net
    I've also checked with the Anti virus settings.
    Does anyone know if there's a prob with iol.ie at the moment???

Do they have a contact number?
    Any help out there??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭fuzzsc00ta

If Eircom are your internet service provider and their SMTP isn't working for you, check that you can telnet out on port 25.

On a windows box, go to start->run. Type "cmd" and press enter. From the console, type "telnet mail1.eircom.net 25" and enter. You should see "Connected to mail1.eircom.net." .

If you can't connect, you need to double check that 25 is open on your computer/network firewall.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭normanbond

thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

What's your ISP? I don't think eircom allow connecting to their smpt servers from another ISP. Also, didn't they have a mail2.eircom.net as well?

Advertisement