Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets 2 adult meals and 2 kids meals for €25

Options
  • 19-05-2010 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Was in empy your pockets last night and got the family meal deal for €25. You can have any main as long as it's not double hamburgers. Works out at over 30% off.

Burger: €7.50
    Fries: €3.50
    Soda: €2.50
    = €13.50
    x 2 = €27
    + 2 kids meals = €10

Total = €37
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Dexterm99 wrote: »

Total = €37

€37 != €25 :confused:

Ah, think I got it. €37 is the normal price....sorry. my bad :o

Thats still not a bargain though..

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Degsie he is totting up how much it should of cost.

37-25 saves you 12 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dexterm99

Elliee wrote: »
    Degsie he is totting up how much it should of cost.

37-25 saves you 12 euro.

Not a bad bargain. Works out that the kids meals are free plus an extra €2.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,325 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'd have said it is easily a bargain.

You'd spend at least €6e each in a Maccie Ds are some equivalent (I think that is being optimistic) and the food wouldn't be as good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

might be a bargain just for limerick. every few weeks in the limerick independent eddie rockets prints a small voucher about 30 pages in.

2 classic burgers, 2 fries, 2 regular drinks for a tenner.

valid in coonagh cross and city only not crescent sc.

i have used it on 2 occasions once on paddys day and on may the 4th. next time i see it in paper ill post it up.

Still overpriced for what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

if you buy any burger you can get a reg drink and fries for €3. so for €10.50 you get a burger, drink and fries which is a hell of a lot better value then it use to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

If you shop in Dunnes in Charlestown SC in Finglas then look at the back of your receipt - there should be an Eddie Rockets (who are also in the SC) voucher on the back- 2 burgers for the prices of one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

might be a bargain just for limerick. every few weeks in the limerick independent eddie rockets prints a small voucher about 30 pages in.

i have used it on 2 occasions once on paddys day and on may the 4th. next time i see it in paper ill post it up.

Yeah we have this in Clare too, printed in the paper. I buy 4 burgers, 4 fries and 4 drinks for €20 every Friday!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

In the Limerick Independent today actually,2 of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Still overpriced for what it is

I dont think its overpriced. Go to most places to sit in and it is at least €10 for burger and chips. Throw in 4 drinks and 2 kids meals for a fiver more and I think its decent enough. I like the food and the milkshakes are lovely. Good deal imo. Original prices are a bit pricey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

RATM wrote: »
    Eddie Rockets (who are also in the SC) voucher on the back- 2 burgers for the prices of one ;)
    Lots of these vouchers are very common, it only goes to show that they can well afford to sell at this price. In the case of pizza places half price IS the normal price, as the vouchers are so readily available. And all the main pizza outlets go along and copy this same strange marketing strategy, while I have never once see a chinese or indian takeaway, or itialian style chipper with "buy one get one free" offers. It makes sense since the Chinese & Indians charge a fair enough price based on the ingredients. Most chinese takeaways around my area give roughly twice what you get in a frozen/microwave ready meal, so they are quite good value.

Pizza places are a real oddity though, many people are blind to the fact that the prices are so out of line with other fast food places, they just accept it as being that way and naively rave about the "2 for 1" deals. If my local chinese did pizzas and charged in line with what they do for other food it would be less than half the price the likes of dominoes or 4 star, and they would probably actually give you a decent helping of toppings too.

Is this eddies meal forcing you to get sodas or can you get malts? maybe pay extra for it.

The usual €7.50 for a burger is crazy considering I can get up to a 700-1000g of food in my local chinese for less than that which does me 2 meals. The 2 for 1 is not so bad, esp. that you are not forced to take a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dexterm99

rubadub wrote: »
    Is this eddies meal forcing you to get sodas or can you get malts? maybe pay extra for it.

Yes, for the adult meals but the kids meals include a malt/shake, soda or whatever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Eddie Rockets isn't near what it used to be, and even then it was not great. The burgers used to be much more generous, and the salads too.

Get down to your local indian / chinese etc, or better make some home cooked food, and you'll do a far site better.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭almee

My local chipper in Ballygall does a deal from Monday to Wednesday, buy 1 get 1 free on a snack box or small pizza

Advertisement