Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tents??

Options
  • 19-05-2010 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, do we have a dedicated camping forum? If we do, could a mod please move this. :)

It's that time of year again. Getting our gear ready for a summer of camping. Every year for the past 4 years I've bought a new tent, and each time there is something wrong. It's too big, too small, too difficult to put up, too difficult to take down etc. My current tent, has been used maybe 7 times and the zips are all broken. So I need a new tent. And I'd like to get one that will last for a few years.

We need sleeping space for 2 people and a spacious living area. The living area will have to hold our bags and a dog crate which measures 1m x .7m. It should be sturdy but easy to erect (a sewn in ground sheet would be nice) and easy to pack away.

I'm not asking for much am I?? icon_e_biggrin.gif We'd pay up to €150, but we can't really stretch beyond that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I used to use a vango’s tent – still have it somewhere but it’s getting on a bit now. It was a 3 man I think possibly a 4 man but that means two comfortably. It has two entrances one at either end that was really useful I used to leave my cooking gear and food there and could cook up in bad weather. The poles go trough a sock in the outer sheet and the inner hands off hooks – they never touch so you keep water out, it’s also easy to put up - I have it about 5 years and it’s only starting to let in water now but I could re-water proof it. The only problem I ever had was a pin head size hole in the outer sheet I stuck duct tape to it and it’s probably still there, it’s taken dogs abuse in bad wind with out a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭jinghong

i got one of these, nice and handy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Advertisement