Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plan B

Options
  • 19-05-2010 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭

Saw an interview with this fella on 2TV (or we its called) yesterday discussing his new soul album out.

I was beaming cuz I love his first album "Who needs actions when you got words". It was great storytelling mixed with guitar. The lyrics and beats were well class. I usually hate UK rap but this was brilliant.

Anyway, in the interview, they played his new song and my face dropped. I had heard it on the radio but never knew who it was. I f*cking hate that song! Whats he doing??? He said before he wasn't confident in singing so he made a rap album but now he is confident and singing is what he wants to do.

Complete waste of a good rapper if you ask me.

here is a class track off his first album

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I was in the same state of shock when i heard his new stuff too. But, it's actually alright.

I've been discussing the change in sound/direction with a few people and the only conclusion that we could come up with is the the change has been driven by his record label or management. They most likely pointed him in the rejuvinated doo wop sound made popular again by the likes of the Dap Kings and Amy Winehouse. There is a bit of a lull in that area at the moment so bringing out something with that sound has the high likelyhood of sucess......and as you are hearing it on the radio then it's been a clever ploy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Oh its definitely working, but then again, this is a pop album and the 1st album was definitely not pop.

Gonna throw that 1st cd into the car again, stopped listening to it as I found it was making me even more angry when driving (bad enough road rage as it is without listening to this as well :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I was in the same state of shock when i heard his new stuff too. But, it's actually alright.

I've been discussing the change in sound/direction with a few people and the only conclusion that we could come up with is the the change has been driven by his record label or management. They most likely pointed him in the rejuvinated doo wop sound made popular again by the likes of the Dap Kings and Amy Winehouse. There is a bit of a lull in that area at the moment so bringing out something with that sound has the high likelyhood of sucess......and as you are hearing it on the radio then it's been a clever ploy.

I don't think he was happy how poorly his first album done financially despite rave reviews from all the creditable magic sources. The new album is a massive swerve compared to the last one but its enjoyable enough, and he can sing to be fair. I think he said he is going to leak the hip hop version of the album sometime, the album was meant to be a double album, but the label didn't want the hip hop side. :(

Advertisement