Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime Workshops for Beginners

Options
  • 19-05-2010 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey I was just wondering if anyone could help me...

I was curious as to whether anyone knows of Anime/Manga workshops operating in the Galway area during summer? My neighbour is a keen artist but he has had no lessons or anything and I told him I would inquire as to whether there were any going on but I can't see anything!

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Hey I was just wondering if anyone could help me...

I was curious as to whether anyone knows of Anime/Manga workshops operating in the Galway area during summer? My neighbour is a keen artist but he has had no lessons or anything and I told him I would inquire as to whether there were any going on but I can't see anything!

Thanks! :)

James Newell is an animator and cartoonist based in Galway who has run animation workshops for kids several years back. Might be worth getting in touch with him and see if he knows of anything happening in the Galway area. There are a couple of animation studios in and around Galway city so there might be something happening.

There was a graphic novel summer camp run at the Fighting Words in last summer and we brought a comic book artist over from Japan to run several workshops for 24 hour comics day last October but they were all Dublin based events. There are also some comic cons happening around the country but only 2D in derry really has programing aimed at Kids.

Advertisement