Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stove register plate-necessary?

Options
  • 18-05-2010 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

We just had a multi-fuel stove fitted, the stove sits on the hearth of an existing fireplace. We got a new marble back panel with a designated hole for the stove flue which is rear-mounted. There is a 45 degree bend in the flue which is then directed up the chimney.

Should there be a register plate or some system that seals the stove flue to the original chimney flue? The chimney did not neeed to be lined. As far as I can tell there is no connection between the stove flue and the existing chimney flue...

I am just a bit worried about the fact that there was no mention of a register plate or stove flue/chimney flue joiner from the installer?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Well by the sounds of it you are in trouble , if there is no connection between the styove pipe and chimney and you have a back place blockinbg access to the chimney....where is the soot gonna go when you sweep it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 skigolf

Thanks for that - pardon my ignorance but is that because if they sweep the chimney from the stove the soot will spill down the gap between the chimney flue and the stove flue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

yes and it will just be left there because you sealed up the opening

Advertisement