Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babysitter needed in Dublin

Options
  • 18-05-2010 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

We are looking for a live-out babysitter to mind our 10 months old baby from next month.

Does anybody know of an agency in Dublin (we live in Dublin 15) that could help us to find a trustful and reliable babysitter? or do you have any other suggestions?
    I've google it and the ones I found only offer nannies.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I'd suggest you have a look around the Parenting forum here, maybe someone else has raised this question before.

What's a live-out babysitter anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

If you look on gumtree.ie....there are plenty of people(in D15 area)advertising childminding services.

A friend has used this site before and recommended it but I haven't had any experience myself.

http://www.babysitters.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Is it a nanny type childminder you're looking for or a babysitter for when you go out in the evening time/to run errands etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

Gaspode wrote: »

What's a live-out babysitter anyway?

It's a babysitter who won't be living with us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

Thanks for your help. Gumtree proved very helpfull actually. I've got a couple of candidates lined up and I'm pretty sure we'll end up picking one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

fptosca wrote: »
    It's a babysitter who won't be living with us.

I've never heard of a babysitter that lives in! Are you referring to a childminder who will mind your children while you are in work for the day??????

I find the discussion baords on www.rollercoaster.ie very useful for this type of query.

Advertisement