Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oliver McDonnell IRISH indo

Options
  • 18-05-2010 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I used to enjoy reading Olivers weekly column in the Irish Independent but havent seen it in there for quite a while. Is he still writing a column for the paper does anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

Ding Dong wrote: »
    I used to enjoy reading Olivers weekly column in the Irish Independent but havent seen it in there for quite a while. Is he still writing a column for the paper does anyone know?

I used to read him as well, but usually ended up depressed after digesting his poor mouth claptrap. Anyway, he blotted his copy with the Indo, and he is no more:o Bet they are delighted to be rid:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭John_F

Ding Dong wrote: »

haha here it is>>> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055839202

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

hear recently from a reliable source that olivers rant cost d indo 250,000 quid. not bad for a days work:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

hear recently from a reliable source that olivers rant cost d indo 250,000 quid. not bad for a days work:D
    where di you her that i find that hard to believe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

whelan1 wrote: »
    where di you her that i find that hard to believe

I wouldn't find it hard to believe.

He regularly used that column to drive his own agenda, and have a go at anyone who wasn't giving him the service or the price that he wanted. He always walked a dodgy line, but used to either keep it just anonymous enough to avoid a libel case or else he targeted public servants who couldn't give backchat to His Lordship.

His foot must have slipped off the clutch.

I can't imagine there will be too many mourning the demise of his column. What wasn't nasty in it was pretty banal stuff

LostCovey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

that was fast settlement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Dúirt bean liom go ndúirt bean leí etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

LostCovey wrote: »
    I wouldn't find it hard to believe.

He regularly used that column to drive his own agenda, and have a go at anyone who wasn't giving him the service or the price that he wanted. He always walked a dodgy line, but used to either keep it just anonymous enough to avoid a libel case or else he targeted public servants who couldn't give backchat to His Lordship.

His foot must have slipped off the clutch.

I can't imagine there will be too many mourning the demise of his column. What wasn't nasty in it was pretty banal stuff

LostCovey

+1 , an incredibley tedious weekly read

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

obviously i,m not goin to name names but it was someone who should know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

well if that is the case i can see a load of businesses that he put down over the years queueing up to get their share:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭John_F

ya whatever about the giving out about companies not doing something done their way, i found him interesting on topics like the feed pad and auto calf feeders, give another perspective on things.... however these moments were rare

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

On that note- before someone says something they shouldn't...... :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement