Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pregnancy book?

Options
  • 18-05-2010 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hi im just wondering whats the best pregnancy/baby book?
    ive heard good things about "what to expect when your expecting" and "Your Pregnancy Week by week" etc..
    Anyone have any good recommendations?
    Thanks! :):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Definately get 'What to expect when you're expecting'! Its the pregnancy bible! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Definately get 'What to expect when you're expecting'! Its the pregnancy bible! :D

Yep, have to second this, it's brilliant! It goes through your pregnancy week by week and all the symptoms you might be having. It also constantly reassures you that you don't have to have all or any of the symptoms. It saves asking a lot of what you might be afraid are 'stupid' questions. I've had it by my bed since I found out I was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

"What to expect...":Yes brilliant book indeed! The Bible!

"The Rough Guide" of Pregnancy is quite good too, with a humoristic touch.

To help you relax about it all and enjoy the all experience to the full, I highly recommend "Hypnobirthing" from Marie Mongan. It demystifies common negatives thoughts about the pregnancy and delivery experiences, which is a wonderful breath of fresh air!

Try to get the cd as well, not so expensive on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I got them all, go shopping on amazon and you'll be able to pick up a few for waht you'd pay for one in Eaasons etc. Spend €25 and the shipping is free.

One of my favourite things when pregnant was reading about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Definitely "What to expect...", the follow ups "What to expect...baby's first year", and then "What to expect ... the Toddler years" are also brilliant.

My pregnancies are well behind me, and I can testify that most articles are real and truthful.
    For example their explanations on the onset of labour, what to expect if it turns out you need an emergency c-section, and the afters of a c-section, etc...
    (that's how both pregnancies ended for me :()

Again the "Baby's first year" is a mine of information that is practical and realistic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement