Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Frontline 17th May

Options
  • 18-05-2010 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭

If you saw the program you will know what I am talking about. At a certain point Pat Kenny shut up one a woman in the audience who was talking about some sort of meeting. Does anyone have any idea what she was talking about: Pat Kenny certainly did and made sure that the microphone was taken away sharpish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Yeah I think she was on about the supposed Cowen and Kissinger meeting.

Check out this thread...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055914399

I'm also pretty sure she was a Libertas candidate for Europe last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

If you saw the program you will know what I am talking about. At a certain point Pat Kenny shut up one a woman in the audience who was talking about some sort of meeting. Does anyone have any idea what she was talking about: Pat Kenny certainly did and made sure that the microphone was taken away sharpish.

Trilateral commission and conspiracy theory forum stuff

Pat did what moderators on this forum do, send the crackheads packing to the appropriate forum ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    Trilateral commission and conspiracy theory forum stuff

Pat did what moderators on this forum do, send the crackheads packing to the appropriate forum ;)

No: he implicitly showed that it was true; he just said it wasn't news-worthy. I seriously doubt she was Libertas for several reasons, not lest the fact that Kenny would have said so.

No: he implicitly showed that it was true; he just said it wasn't news-worthy. I seriously doubt she was Libertas for several reasons, not lest the fact that Kenny would have said so.

It is true, they were in dublin

but what does it have to do with the subject of his show?

she was a waste of space and time which could have been given to other opinions on the subject

as the moderator he had every right to move on, she was up there with this guy

0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

I seriously doubt she was Libertas for several reasons, not lest the fact that Kenny would have said so.
    I've looked at it again on RTE player. Definitely is Caroline Simons, who ran for Libertas in Dublin last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

it was very odd indeed, wasn't it

I am finding it difficult that our prime minister addressing some of the world's most influential business people and politicians is not news worthy.

say what you like about conspiracy theories but the people who were at this meeting were big hitters and our prime minister was addressing them, and took questions. yet not a mention of it by RTE? why?

Also his claim that there is a complaints procedure is untrue. You cannot complain to the BAI about something if it hasn't been broadcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Was at the show, have to say I would recommend anybody who has any interest in politics to go at least once . . I really enjoyed it (even though I didnt ask a question).

I will definitely go again. I was sitting between the lady talking about the clerical abuse and Donal (talking about Pension cuts) and that ranting lady was behind me. . She kept saying "Pat can I interject" (or something to that effect . .

Does anybody think that anytime politicians are on this show, with an economist in between, the Politicians looks like complete ill educated morons ?

That labour guy talked himself into trouble, could actually say where the cuts would be made (just that he had a document that outlined broad areas that they could be made!) . . He shoulda just kept throwing the grenade back at Kennedy, instead he just talked himself into looking stupid. .

This is the party that has had an upsurge in popularity . . One that cant even answer simple questions and wont commit to anything . . Bravo electorate of Ireland , way to learn from your mistakes, I can see them doing a much better job . . :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

That is because in most cases politicians are ill educated morons, particularly in the subjects they are assigned as ministers and junior ministers of.

these people are teachers, solicitors, publicans, etc. what we need is an electoral system where a government can appoint a solicitor or barrister as minister for justice (or even someone with experience with the guards) an educator as minister for education, and so on.

that way our cabinet ministers would be knowledgeable in their department rather than just winners of popularity contests which we have now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

Pat the puppet was censoring the woman from speaking about the Bilderberg conference which will be held in Spain next month.Why?
    Because the Trilateral commision and Bilderberg groups represent the biggest global banking syndicate families and powerbrokers.They are mainly run by the Rothschild and Rockefeller families.These families control all the main financial institutions - IMF, Federal reserve, bank of England even our own Nama institution is under advice from the Rothschilds.
    The media will not tell you this though.Why? Because all the major media organisations are owned by these guys.They can do whatever the hell they want and the newspapers will never print a word of it.
    What you are witnessing now is the biggest transfer of wealth and looting of taxpayers money into the hands of these families.There is no point in marching down to Dail Eireann and protesting because the reality is your politicians are helpless against these powerful elites.If you want to be angry with somebody its these guys.

That is not conspiracy, thats fact.

It is true, they were in dublin

but what does it have to do with the subject of his show?

she was a waste of space and time which could have been given to other opinions on the subject

as the moderator he had every right to move on, she was up there with this guy

0.jpg

I suppose as a host that's his prerogative ... but an an impartial member of state broadcast that's slightly more problematic.

Anyway he never did answer that guy's question 'What gives you the right to be paid X hundred thousand of tax-payers' money when you aren't accountable to the tax-payer?' Apart from glibly saying 'We give everyone a voice' (somewhat jarring considering the fact that the mad guy was forcibly removed :D)

• Advertisement

Pat the puppet was censoring the woman from speaking about the Bilderberg conference which will be held in Spain next month.Why?
    Because the Trilateral commision and Bilderberg groups represent the biggest global banking syndicate families and powerbrokers.They are mainly run by the Rothschild and Rockefeller families.These families control all the main financial institutions - IMF, Federal reserve, bank of England even our own Nama institution is under advice from the Rothschilds.
    The media will not tell you this though.Why? Because all the major media organisations are owned by these guys.They can do whatever the hell they want and the newspapers will never print a word of it.
    What you are witnessing now is the biggest transfer of wealth and looting of taxpayers money into the hands of these families.There is no point in marching down to Dail Eireann and protesting because the reality is your politicians are helpless against these powerful elites.If you want to be angry with somebody its these guys.

That is not conspiracy, thats fact.

The conference being talked about was in the past tense - in Dublin... :confused:

The conference being talked about was in the past tense - in Dublin... :confused:

Pat stopped her just after she said the word Bilderberg, watch it again you will see what im talking about.

Pat stopped her just after she said the word Bilderberg, watch it again you will see what im talking about.

pat knows better about giving airtime to real life trolls

pat knows better about giving airtime to real life trolls

Thank you for that very helpful insight :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

she was a Dublin MEP candidate for Libertas. As you heard her, she was complaining about RTE not covering a meeting which she was involved in or present. I don't think, at the time, someone can correct me, was not relevant to the particular topic they were at the moment talking about. Sure there are talks with super powers every day of the week, assumingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Drumpot wrote: »
    Was at the show, have to say I would recommend anybody who has any interest in politics to go at least once . . I really enjoyed it (even though I didnt ask a question).

I will definitely go again. I was sitting between the lady talking about the clerical abuse and Donal (talking about Pension cuts) and that ranting lady was behind me. . She kept saying "Pat can I interject" (or something to that effect . .

Does anybody think that anytime politicians are on this show, with an economist in between, the Politicians looks like complete ill educated morons ?

That labour guy talked himself into trouble, could actually say where the cuts would be made (just that he had a document that outlined broad areas that they could be made!) . . He shoulda just kept throwing the grenade back at Kennedy, instead he just talked himself into looking stupid. .

This is the party that has had an upsurge in popularity . . One that cant even answer simple questions and wont commit to anything . . Bravo electorate of Ireland , way to learn from your mistakes, I can see them doing a much better job . . :rolleyes:
    I was right behind you, the right wing nutjob who said we could means test the contributary OAP.

It is an interesting experience, and can be a little nervewracking, especially when you've prepared your point but you still have trouble communicating exactly what you mean.

In respect of this trilateral meeting, I really don't know what to make of that. Having done a bit of googling it would appear they are a high powered group of financiers and businessmen who have significant clout on the world stage, but it is still unclear what exactly was the import of this meeting that was held.

Still, overall I was impressed as always by the economists Brian Lucey and Constantin Gurdgiev and distinctly unimpressed with the politicians who seemed to be more interested in the usual tit-for-tat point scoring than actually addressing the issues and questions.

Advertisement