Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Ceremony in Courthouse Cork

Options
  • 18-05-2010 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all - hoping u can help me - myself and partner getting wed in civil ceremony in 3 wks time- initially we'd decided just us 2 and 2 witnesses but now i raelly want our immediate families there. We can get them there on the day without them knowing whats going on(i want no fuss) but im at a loss as how to mark it afterwards??? Its in the courthouse cork - about 12 people in total. Money is v.tite (as for us all i spose) and there would only be about 4/5 of them enjoy a drink. ALL ideas really welcome - ive left it so late starting to freak out big time!!!! thanks so much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Lunch or dinner in Fenns Quay? Followed by a stroll down to Fitzgerald's Park for photos.

Or if you're on a very tight budget or just want something a bit different how about a picnic in the park as well? If you get a nice day that could be a very memorable celebration.

If you go for the picnic idea it will be the little touches will that make it work. Nice blankets/throws to sit on or, if you can find one suitably light and portable, a table; cloth foldalble chairs if some of your party wouldn't be comfortable on the ground and cushions at any rate. Also not just sandwiches or single dishes but loads of fancy little nibbles that are a little unusual or decadent. You could probably pick up things that morning in the English market. I'm thinking pâtés, fancy cold cuts and breads, cheeses etc. You get the idea.

Don't know if this is the kind of thing you're looking for but I hope it helps. Enjoy your day!

Mmm... picnic *Homer noises*
    464749_090125174450_picnic.jpg

Might be worthwhile reading through and maybe posting in the weddings & marriage forum.

There's at least one thread there talking about doing stuff low-key and on a budget. ...And there's a general money-saving thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sunflower01

Thanks v.much for your ideas!!!! it defo gave me food for thought - I love the picnic idea...would do that today!

You're very welcome. Delighted to be any help at all.

Good luck with the weather, and however you mark it, have a great day!

Advertisement