Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf Petrol Full Service

Options
  • 18-05-2010 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey all,

Would anyone know where to get a good full service on my golf, just bought it and though it has a full vw service history would like to get it fully done again, its 2006 petrol, dublin would suit best and preferably a main dealer once the price is ok.

Jenny

:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rabinc-74

i know a guy in blanchardstown. he's in the bymac centre northwest business park. he's not a main dealer,but is highly recommended.

he gives the car a thorough look over and is very reasonably priced. he's fully insured too..

his name is michael.. 0868215983

if he can save you money he will. my car needed new new brake lines after failing the nct. nissan wanted €190+vat @21% for the lines. he bought the lines himself and made me up new ones at a fraction of the cost. my car passed with flying colours...

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Volkswagen Ireland are doing an offer on golfs registered before 2007 a major service for 199. The only catch with it is the engine has to be no bigger than 1.4litre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Check out a Skoda dealer - I got my Leon done in one before Christmas. As the car is identical to an Octavia they are well used to working on the oily bits. Way cheaper rates, noticable difference afterwards and they actually seemed to appreciate the business!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JessieP

What does it include kojack??

Would have thought it would be cheaper not to go to a main dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

JessieP wrote: »
    What does it include kojack??

Would have thought it would be cheaper not to go to a main dealer?

See attached pdf.

Sounds like a fairly good deal - if you have a pre 2007 1.4i Golf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

It includes engine oil, oil filter, spark plugs, air filter, pollen filter, wiper blades, health check, labour and environmental disposal charge. Its still a bit steep for the price tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jenny K

Hey all,

Thanks Kojak / ROR, checked out on line prices and seems to be 220 to 240 or above and some of these without all the parts that are listed on the VW offer, mycarservice.ie wanted 208 without wiper replacement, i suppose thats why they have the price primse...anyway booked with Bradys in Castleknock for Thursday next, offered a free collection service also;)...will let you know how I go, J:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jenny K

Hi all, just wondering is this legitimate, got a message following my thread on golf service to rate dealer that I am going to on Thursday on IrishGarages.com, anyone know them....J K:p

Advertisement