Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allied Bins

Options
  • 18-05-2010 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Why is allied removing stickers from our bins and putting Panda on them , are they changing things again!!! why cant they stick to the one thing?, are they going to change how we pay again!! Fed up with it allmad.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Panda has owned and operated the Allied customer run in Drogheda for some time. The didnt move to rebrand the Allied bins to Panda because of all the negative publicity they received in Drogheda over the last few years. Now they feel they are out of hot water with the public so they are rebranding all the Allied bins.

This is such a sneaky move by Panda and Allied afterall they dont even have customers permission, bully boy tactics once again.

Maybe its time for LMFMs Michael Reade to get the Panda owner on air again to explain himself. If I remember correctly Reade tied the Panda guy up in knots last time, he was the laughing stock of Drogheda.

Customers dont forget when they are treated badly by a service provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

People also forget these days they have a choice in the matter and can freely switch to another service provider. http://www.oxigen.ie/domestic-services/switch.htm ;)

Disclaimer, not sure if they are much better but can't be any worse surely :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Totally agree competition can only be good but at the same time some people have chosen Allied over Panda and Panda have sneaked in the back door.

My Mum is with Oxygen and has never had an issue with them but older people would much prefer the tag rather than big bills coming in.

Totally agree competition can only be good but at the same time some people have chosen Allied over Panda and Panda have sneaked in the back door.

My Mum is with Oxygen and has never had an issue with them but older people would much prefer the tag rather than big bills coming in.

I'm only down in drogheda at the weekends to see the folks so not sure how they operate there anymore re: tags but her in the big smoke of south dublin we have this nifty card like a credit card, with a code on it we can top up on line the night before we need to put out the bin or bring said card to a shop with payzone facility and top it up. Works great, much better than the tag system as every time we went in to the local shop they had sold out of tags :mad:

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm only down in drogheda at the weekends to see the folks so not sure how they operate there anymore re: tags but her in the big smoke of south dublin we have this nifty card like a credit card, with a code on it we can top up on line the night before we need to put out the bin or bring said card to a shop with payzone facility and top it up. Works great, much better than the tag system as every time we went in to the local shop they had sold out of tags :mad:

Same thing in Drogheda. €23.50 per month. They collect black bins weekly and green bins fortnightly.

We've had Pandy for years at our house and never had any problems with them. Never heard of them being in "hot water" with the public either.

What was that all about? Was it because of price, or service or..?

• Advertisement

Same thing in Drogheda. €23.50 per month.

:eek:Wow is that regardless of whether the bin is lifted or not?????

Cost's me €8 per lift and the green bin is free, there are 3 of us in the house but the gray bin still only goes out every 3 weeks. Occasionally it might go out twice in the month.

calex71 wrote: »
    :eek:Wow is that regardless of whether the bin is lifted or not?????

Cost's me €8 per lift and the green bin is free, there are 3 of us in the house but the gray bin still only goes out every 3 weeks. Occasionally it might go out twice in the month.

Well our bins are out almost every week, so it's not too bad.

Advertisement