Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New CD/USB player for 04 Nissan Almera Tekna

Options
  • 18-05-2010 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a Nissaan Almera Tekna and the audio system is exactly as shown in the following link http://www.carzone.ie/search/Nissan/Almera/1.5-4DR-/201019197964622/advert?channel=CARS

I have a lot of music on USB and I was thinking of replacing the existing CD player that is in the car and getting anew CD/USB combo. However any of the CD players I have looked have all the controls on the player and as you can see from the link the CD is a seperate part of the system in the tekna. The audio controls are also used for the air con.

Just wondering if anybody has this car and if they have replaced the audio system in it and if so where did you buy the replacement CD player?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,386 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

replacing the factory unit isn't an option as it also controls your heater.
    I doubt a standard DIN sized radio would fit in the CD slot.

The only tidy solution I can think of is an ipod interface that connects to the CD changer port in the back of the unit. won't be USB but you could control the ipod using the headunit controls, still have wheel controls, car won't look stupid etc.

Lets suppose you could get a standard unit in the dash somewhere, you're then looking at:
    Adaptor cable for Nssan>ISO plugs
    Adaptor cable to accept remote control
    Facia adaptor to adapt the dash to accept DIN sized radio
    Buying the headunit itself

I'm guessing somewhere in the region of 400 quid if such a thing was possible.

You'd buy an ipod and the integration kit for a lot less money than that.

Advertisement