Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excess sand.

Options
  • 18-05-2010 4:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

I've just completed the back garden, sandstone with circular feature, now I can sit in the back withuot the garden furniture sinking into the quagmire that was there before.
    However, I had calculated that I needed 2.5 tonnes of sand to do the job, (6x6 meters approx) but I let roadstone talk me into getting 4 tonnes, now I have 1.5 tonnes of sand in the front garden that roadstone wont take back - what am I supposed to do with it? It's in those big woven bag things. Is there anywhere that would take it away for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

You could put it up on adverts or jumble town.. or else ask your neighbours if they want it... after all if your garden is bad they might love to get some sand to do theirs!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

Where abouts in the country are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I'm in Lucan -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Lasereye

i can have that lifted tommorrow for free morning or anytime thats suits you, i'm between celbridge and lucan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭LordDorington

Anyone know where I can buy sand? Need it for levelling garden before pool goes on top. Also, would this work? Am afraid it might end up being bumpy..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Anatom

Hey Stoneill,

Did you manage to offload all of that sand yet???

Advertisement