Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Wildfire

Options
  • 17-05-2010 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

Embargo on this broke this morning. It's like a Desire-lite basically, free in the UK on £20 contracts so it should be fairly cheap if it ends up over here too. Q3 2010 for release it looks like.

HTC-Wildfire-smartphone-005.jpg

10x0517u9ib23422.jpg

Similar power to the Hero, better camera, can see the appeal this will have. Only naggling thing is the 320x240 resolution, which is crap (and a deal breaker for me :P)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

From what I have seen of this - this is what i wanted the Tatoo to be.

A cheap but not ****ty and crippled Android phone.

The good processor and camera are a nice touch - but the proper screen is nice as you will have easy access to all the apps and not just ones optimized for a small screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Celestial Deity

This looks so damn… cute.

Engadget doesn't think much of it.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/28/htc-wildfire-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

ye was looking forward to this as I thought it was present material but read the engadget review last week and was surprised that it isn't as good as I hoped it would be.

ye was looking forward to this as I thought it was present material but read the engadget review last week and was surprised that it isn't as good as I hoped it would be.
    Agreed.

I’m still pretty tempted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Will be on 3 mid July. They are hurrying it's release as they are finding it difficult getting stock of the Desire. Should be around €229 on 3Pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

That resolution is way too low for it to be a success. It has plenty of power but the screen is going to be awful.

3.2" screen with QVGA? Mad.

That resolution is way too low for it to be a success. It has plenty of power but the screen is going to be awful.

Yeah that's my main problem with it. Could've at least matched the Legend.

Still, as sexy as the Desire may be I can't shell out 400 quid for it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It's a entry level/budget phone, some compromises have to be made.

It's a entry level/budget phone, some compromises have to be made.
    Yeah but many apps don't support QVGA. Support for QVGA should be dropped after 2.2 as it really isn't suited for touchscreen devices.

The last thing Android needs is more fragmentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Tech Radar gave it a decent review.. Screen is a problem for some alright (me included).

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/htc-wildfire-690067/review

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Walkman wrote: »
    Will be on 3 mid July. They are hurrying it's release as they are finding it difficult getting stock of the Desire. Should be around €229 on 3Pay.

hopefully its around this price. can't wait for it. will the screen affect the majority of apps, or a select few?

fjsanchez wrote: »
    hopefully its around this price. can't wait for it. will the screen affect the majority of apps, or a select few?
    The majority unfortunately.

The majority unfortunately.

sorry, i meant will it render them useless or just affect graphics?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭davehey79

Meteor are going to carry this phone too. When i upgraded to the Desire i saw display cards behind the counter for the Wildfire, LG Optimus, X10 Mini & Mini Pro and the Vivaz 3 of which have since gone on sale on the MEteor store online and in store.

davehey79 wrote: »
    Meteor are going to carry this phone too. When i upgraded to the Desire i saw display cards behind the counter for the Wildfire, LG Optimus, X10 Mini & Mini Pro and the Vivaz 3 of which have since gone on sale on the MEteor store online and in store.

great. you would hardly know the price of the wildfire? i hope it will be under 250E :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Wildfire should be in next week, the week after at the latest. No price yet.

chrislad wrote: »
    Wildfire should be in next week, the week after at the latest. No price yet.

good need it soon. what networks will it be on?

I'll answer my own question :D It's out in meteor on bill pay on 19 July.

I'll answer my own question :D It's out in meteor on bill pay on 19 July.
    How do you know?

What about PAYG?

And how much is it?

How do you know?

What about PAYG?

And how much is it?

Asked in meteor in the galway shopping centre. they said it won't be coming out on payg for months. hopefully it will come out on other networks.

• Advertisement

Asked in meteor in the galway shopping centre. they said it won't be coming out on payg for months. hopefully it will come out on other networks.
    @*&*U$(£*£U**Y£)(@U(@*!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It'll be on payg soon enough after bill. The x10 Mimi debuted on both prepay and bill pay the same day and the Wildfire is a budget Desire.

@*&*U$(£*£U**Y£)(@U(@*!!!!!

i feel your pain :(

Advertisement