Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2002 2.5 crd sports commerical

Options
  • 17-05-2010 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

my jeep has 170k miles on clock ,was thinking of changing too outlander but decided againist as would have too do finance and do want too
    so thinking of either rebuilding engine or getting a 2.8 crd vm to replace the 2.5 crd vmi engine
    any thoughts
    heres a link too a engine i can get on ebay,tryaners have one for 2600 sterling

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320523809999&fromMakeTrack=true

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Here is what I think.

Changing the engine may require a lot more than just buying the lump and putting it in. More than likely you will need the ECU for the 2.8 as the 2.5 probably is set up differently.

Exhaust is probably different.

Gearbox set up may not be the same. Other silly things like radiator hoses, air box location/piping and fuel lines may also not match up.

As for that engine linked to, would not touch it with a barge pole. Training unit..means every pleb was at it and as it was not going to be on the road it would have been thrown back together especially if it was late in the eve. God knows how many threads were crossed or stripped.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hiluxman

whats wrong with the engine that you need to rebuild it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

nothing wrong with engine,its going strong,will do 200k miles easy being crd vmi engine,never had any probs outside normal stuff like any other 4x4,was jus looking at maybe changing too 2.8 crd but think might have too change ecu too so might be a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hiluxman

why would ya go at it if its going grand?

too make it last few years longer and i do alot of driving for work,do 40k per year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

too make it last few years longer and i do alot of driving for work,do 40k per year

save your pennys untill the day it chokes .

jwshooter wrote: »
    save your pennys untill the day it chokes .
    why you say that,dont like jeeps ?

Advertisement