Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mirean IUD and Love eggs

Options
  • 17-05-2010 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone and specifically ladies....

I am on the IUD a long time now. I was thinking of buying a love egg from an anne summers party i am going to and wondered if anyone would know if the egg would interfere with the IUD. granted the egg is no more than 9cm long or 12cm girth which i imagine is the adverage length of men but wondered if anyone had any knowledge or experience in this.

It sounds daft I am asking this but who do you ask.... Your doctor, Mireana, the anne summers rep. I am mortified but yet like most I am curious....

Thanks

Edit... Perhaps this belongs in contraceptives I dont know

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

If your IUS is fitted properly I can't see it getting entangled being a problem,
    but given the placement of the IUS anyone who has one is at increased risk of possible pelvic infection. As long as you clean your toy properly after every use and again before putting it in it should limit that possiblity.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thank you Thaedydal. I remember the doctor discussing the infection aspect. So you cant imagine the length or vibration being a problem. I was talking to a friend about it and she tells me she uses condoms with some of her toys perhaps I will try this here. I will see. It feels strange even talking about it in this way.

I can't see the vibration shaking the IUS loose :) and the love egg stays in the vagina grasped by the wall of the vagina instead of sitting above the muscle walls like a tampon or moon cup it should be a problem. Given the shape of a love egg or benwa ball/s a femidom may be a better option then a condom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sine Spe

I've never had a problem! ;)

Might I recommend the Rock Chick? With it and the fact that they can now manufacture sperm I think men might just be obsolete! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Denimgirl

Sine Spe wrote: »
    I've never had a problem! ;)

Might I recommend the Rock Chick? With it and the fact that they can now manufacture sperm I think men might just be obsolete! :D
    Love egg?rock chic? what exactly are these I never heard if them some sort of vibrators?
    but different shapes??

• Advertisement

Yes.

Advertisement