Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

public health nurse visits

Options
  • 17-05-2010 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi I was wondering what the story is with public health nurse visits? My son is 11 weeks old now and we last saw the phn at 3 weeks. Should i be getting in contact about a visit or will i be called around a certain time or am i finished with her? She never mentioned anything at 3 weeks and i was soooo tired i didn't think to ask??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Baby will be due a check at 3 months with the PHN, I'd give them a ring to arrange an appointment as they can be pretty snowed under and may forget you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 car crazy

im the same leog, i had one when my daughter was a week old she is now 11wks and no sign of phn to organise the 3mth health check, didnt know we were entitled to one until one of the girls told me. also need to get her bcg done, tried ringing this morning, usual the phone ringing out..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

My PHN runs a walk in clinic every friday in our local health centre place and I can go whenever I feel the need.

She did call round to me 3 times after megan was born but that was because I was quite unwell and she knew I might find it hard going up to the health centre. She didn't arrange a 3 month check with me, she just did it when we took Megan to be weighed at 11 weeks. It doesn't take very long.

You PHN should've given you a contact number. Give her a ring and find out if she runs clinics.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Local health centres normally have hours that you can bring the baby down with out an appointment.
    I brought mine down to be weighed a few times.
    The queue can get long to go early!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

i've rang a few times and no luck. A health nurse was out when she was 3 days old. She got meningitis at 3 weeks she was in hospital for 15 days, was told a nurse would be out then. No sign. Rang when she was 12 weeks was told she'd be put on a priority list. shes 18 weeks now and still no one has called.

• Advertisement
Advertisement