Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for Orphan

Options
  • 17-05-2010 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I would like to get something for a friend who has lost both parents.
    I was thinking of getting a professional artist to do a portrait of both parents and a nice frame, and just having "in loving memory.....etc etc" at the bottom of it.

Is this a really stupid idea ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

No, thats not a stupid idea at all.

A friend of my sister in law did a beautiful portrait of her dad after he passed away and she loved it.

I think anything involving pictures / photos would be lovely.

portrait wrote: »
    Hi,

I would like to get something for a friend who has lost both parents.
    I was thinking of getting a professional artist to do a portrait of both parents and a nice frame, and just having "in loving memory.....etc etc" at the bottom of it.

Is this a really stupid idea ?

I think that is too personal. Some people try to insulate themselves from the hurt of loss. By avoiding things that stir memories. Visits to graveyards, pictures in plain everyday site.

How well do you know this person, and the deceased?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭LBD

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I think that is too personal. Some people try to insulate themselves from the hurt of loss. By avoiding things that stir memories. Visits to graveyards, pictures in plain everyday site.

How well do you know this person, and the deceased?

This is a good point, my oh has lost both his parents and he is only 30. I know if someone got him something like that he would be very uncomfortable, But that is just him and everyone is different. If you know this person fairly well and are confident enough it would be something they would like then I think it's a lovely idea, very touching.

If you're anyway unsure though maybe ask someone close to them see what they think?

Advertisement