Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PvP Shaman

Options
  • 17-05-2010 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Hey :)

Started a shaman and was interested in doing some PvP, ive always gone PvE with my previous characters and wanted a bit of a change really.

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to PvP so would anyone have some tips for me? Rotations, gear etc. Only level 13 at the moment but planning on doing most of my leveling through through that so I get some good experience in PvP :)

Just some tips like what totems to put down when I come across a guy, spells to use and when to run away like a coward of course :P

Thanks in advance,
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Friend of mine said the only way to pvp with a shaman is resto, anything else is bollox.

Not sure if thats the case, never played a shaman properly.

As much as theres good players with good info here, questions like that might be best anwsered with a google search, and finding a dedicated forum with class guides on pvp.

I think the odds of you finding a dedicated pvp shaman here would be rather low, and even if you did it might be a small number.

Atleast on the dedicated forums you have hundreds of opinions and people, and the guides and sticky threads are usually there after months if not years of testing and attunement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

dont go enhancement.

Personally speaking, i found shammys to be absolutly pants for pvp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Elemental pvp is great , one you hit around 3k SP, your almost globaling people , with shock , Lava Burst and CL's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

^ you really dont global people with 3k sp :)

Unless they're in complete PVE gear and you get a crit with your cl.

Ele is fun tho, in BG's anyway. Probably the best nuker in PVP if you can cast uninterupted. Thunderstorm is also great fun on EoS + AB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Magill wrote: »
    ^ you really dont global people with 3k sp :)

Unless they're in complete PVE gear and you get a crit with your cl.

Ele is fun tho, in BG's anyway. Probably the best nuker in PVP if you can cast uninterupted. Thunderstorm is also great fun on EoS + AB

well situationaly your wrong with free casting and in bg's i can take people down from 100-0 in around 3-5 seconds, nd thats almost regardless of resi!! , more or less a global. its all about how , what and when you cast!

• Advertisement
Advertisement