Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great bunch of EDGE mags.

Options
  • 17-05-2010 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Just got my hands on the first 25 issues of EDGE, put an ad on freecycle for old gaming magazines. Got a reply on Saturday. Pretty pleased with this lot.
    4615290836_b3391bee6b_b.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I should have the original issue zero that was included with Gamesmaster still somewhere. Wonder if it's worth anything. Had Cruis'n USA on the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭osprey

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I should have the original issue zero that was included with Gamesmaster still somewhere. Wonder if it's worth anything. Had Cruis'n USA on the front.

I've Googled it, went through Wikipedia, scanned eBay - cannot find any mention of issue '0'. I had no idea it ever existed. GM and EDGE were always by Future Publishing (weren't they?) It must have made sense to put a preview in GM. If you have it I'd say hold on to it. Seems super rare.

If you find it, would you do a pic and put it up?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll have a look next time I'm in the attic. It definitely exists. Got it in the GM that had the megadrive review of probotector I think. It was a preview of the new mag and had the first screenshots of an ultra 64 game which turned out to be Cruis'n USA in the arcades (on the front cover as well) and had some interesting news like Alien vs Predator being the biggest arcade game in america.

Advertisement