Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping a bow internationally

Options
  • 17-05-2010 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭

Bows seem too long for international shipping, and too long for postage regulations, and for carrying on a plane. Is there a way around this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

What type, is it all once piece. Can you not just take it apart to ship?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Nope. Japanese bow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

hmmm 2-2.5m from Wikipedia.

How about trying to find a company/person that ships ski's, would be a similar length, may be able to help?

Oh, good thinking!

But apparently it's something like 140cm long. A company exists that would ship it, but they want €400 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Hmm, I had a longbow shipped some time back (about 3-4 years) and DHL done it for less than 100. I thought that was steep at the time but just in range. That was from the States though, is this one coming from Asia?

• Advertisement

Japan, yes, but thanks for the tip, will try DHL.

Trouble is that Japanese bows are way bigger than western ones - they're about six foot two or six foot three high.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Think the longbow I got was about 6ft as well, the box was definatly a bit longer than that as it was a good bit taller than me!

Advertisement