Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop?

Options
  • 17-05-2010 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Germag

I know this has been asked before but here goes. My wife goes into hospital next Sunday for some tests and she plays poker online. She plays small buy in tournaments and only 1 table on the screen. I would like to buy her a laptop so she can pass the time while in hospital. Something like a 15ins screen, need not have a large hard drive and wireless of course. Any ideas on make and price etc. would be great. Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Daithio9

Germag wrote: »
    I know this has been asked before but here goes. My wife goes into hospital next Sunday for some tests and she plays poker online. She plays small buy in tournaments and only 1 table on the screen. I would like to buy her a laptop so she can pass the time while in hospital. Something like a 15ins screen, need not have a large hard drive and wireless of course. Any ideas on make and price etc. would be great. Thank you.
    If it's just for poker, email and surfing then the most basic of basic laptop will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mick84

Check out http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/ do good deals and get the laptops delivered to you in 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭shanefitz360

You wont be able to play poker in hospital. Public wifi spots generally have apps such as poker blocked. You would need to change the proxy settings on the site, and then that would probably not work considering the hospital wont have it set up.

Sorry.

You wont be able to play poker in hospital. Public wifi spots generally have apps such as poker blocked. You would need to change the proxy settings on the site, and then that would probably not work considering the hospital wont have it set up.

Sorry.

You wont be able to play on the hospital's network / public wifi, but with a Meteor/O2/Vodafone mobile broadband dongle she should have no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Germag

Thanks guys, bought a Toshiba L500-1XL and this does the job O.K. Yes I will have to go the dongle way, but then she's worth it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement