Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Execution Prevention

Options
  • 17-05-2010 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I am getting the following error on a few things. When I try to do BOI and go into a label programme that we have for printing labels and I don't know how to fix it.. any help would be greatly appreciated as it is driving me insane

'Data Execution Prevention - Microsoft Windows - To help protect your computer, windows has closed this program..'

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

which version of windows ?

have you checked the web for a newer driver for the printer

what has changed recently

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sage4me

Hi,

It is version 2002 service pack 3. I got the printer side working - don't ask me how,but it is. But, it is more importantly the BOI that I need to get into.

In internet explorer when I try to go into my banking on line in BOI it said that the tab was being recovered and then it says to help protect my computer windows has closed internet explorer. I am using version 8 and BOI helpdesk said it is not an issue with their site so they can't help as it is an issue with the PC

It is driving me to drink at this stage - not that that takes much !!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

sage4me wrote: »
    I am getting the following error on a few things. When I try to do BOI and go into a label programme that we have for printing labels and I don't know how to fix it.. any help would be greatly appreciated as it is driving me insane

'Data Execution Prevention - Microsoft Windows - To help protect your computer, windows has closed this program..'

Thanks

have you tried googling Data Execution Protection or DEP??
    its a feature of most CPUs of today. you can opt in or opt out. Right click on MyComputer go to properties then Advanced ( I think.. cant check from here now).
    Generally is enabled only for system processes.

Advertisement