Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bumble bee house

Options
  • 16-05-2010 8:25pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

i hope you can help me, i am looking for a bumble bee house for my garden not really a big hive.

the ECO shop used to sell them but they have closed down now other then that the only other place i could find them was in england.

surely there must be someone in ireland selling this, am also looking for a ladybird house.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fodda

Try this place in Cork www.thesecretgardener.com Tel: 029 60084 They have won awards for their place i think.

They have a new online shop. I think i have seen insect houses on their online shop.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

brilliant

thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭simonj

Make one, tie together a bunch of suitable bamboo rods with hollow stems, rof it up and put it somewhere sheltered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

What diameter should the rods have?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

There's a thread about bumblebee boxes in the nature & birdwatching forum....

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

got one in aldi on thursday - e12.99, i think

but i was also given the suggestion of stacking some pieces of wood in a corner, apparent that would work too

Advertisement