Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRYING TO FIND A DECENT BUGGY FOR THE WOODS

Options
  • 16-05-2010 6:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭

hi. i love walking in the woods , but i cant bring the baby because the buggy we have has got the plastic wheels on it , which are useless for the wood. can anyone recommend a decent buggy with air in its wheels? thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The maxi cosi mura 4 is brilliant for all terrain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The best is the mountain buggy. Expensive though. We've a Out n About Nipper and its great on woodland paths, and off the paths. Something like Phil & Teds would be fine too. Though we've gone off them.

You want one without a swivel front wheel for the woods. So a compromise is one where you can lock it for the woods, and unlock it for other places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Teutonia Spirit S3 would be perfect too, expensive though, but very good quality.

Spadina wrote: »
    Teutonia Spirit S3 would be perfect too, expensive though, but very good quality.

That doesn't seem to have air filled tyres. If thats a requirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Sorry the tyres are foam filled so they can't puncture, didn't see that bit in OP.

• Advertisement

Obviously theres an advantage in not getting punctures, and also for carrying a buggy on a plane etc. However I think on rougher ground air filled tyres are so much easier to push, hardly any effort at all, and probably more comfortable for the passenger. I know some people get plagued with punctures so avoid those tyres. We've not had a problem with punctures though.

We've a Out n About Nipper and even with two on-board is easy to push. We sometimes have a third on a buggy board, still easy to push. But the buggy board doesn't work off a smooth surface, like a pavement.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BlackForestJule

We've got a TFK Joggster Twist. It's excellent for rough terrain, even sand. Expensive enough, though and not exactly tiny or a feather-weight, so I never take it on the bus into town, for example. We ordered it from a German Website in case you are interested. Air-filled swivel front tyre that you can lock (and take off easily to save room in the boot)

Thinking hard about forking out for a sibling buggy of the same make. Maybe possibly thinking about selling on the single one then (it's been in use for 18 months now...). Not definite, but get back to me if you like the buggy and the option of buying it second hand...

Your woman in this video is a little exhausting to listen to, but she gives a great detailed demonstration and the cons as well as the pros of the buggy:
    http://www.babygizmo.com/media/video_tfkjoggstertwist.php

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

thanks everyone. ive been lookin at a europa buggy from lovencare aswell. its down from €300 to €200 on lovencare.ie. looks like a good one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

We have the out n about nipper too and it's great. Brilliant for the beach too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 photist

We have a Mamas and Papas Sport 03, which is all terrain, has a lockable front wheel and a pump on board for the tyres but I haven't used it yet. My son is 18 months old. It cost us 280EURO and should last until he is 4 or so. We live in the countryside and I use it on all surfaces.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Katy Grace

I have a BOB revolution. It is an amazing stroller for all terrain. We had one with plastic wheels and got this one and use it all the time. It folds up nicely is pretty light weight (all though when folded is a funny shape) it has a locking front wheel for jogging etc. I bought mine when I lived in the States and know you can find them in England. Not sure if Amazon UK sells them...

Good luck and have fun. The best advice I got when looking for our stroller was to go and push as many as you can in the store.

Advertisement