Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online tool for converting text to Gaelic type

Options
  • 16-05-2010 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I was playing around with PHP this morning and created an online tool that restores the ponc séimhithe for Irish words.

http://cliceail.com/gaelic-type/

Not sure if it would be of much use to anyone, but I sometimes like to print out Irish texts in the traditional script, and using this tool, you can restore the ponc séimhithe and then paste it into Word, etc, using your favorite Gaelic font.

Any ideas, feature requests, etc?

Grma

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Is aoibhinn liom é, an bhfuil sé mar aidhm agat suíomh Cliceail.com a cruthú? (Má's ea, lean leis an dea-obair!)

I love it! I works very smoothly! Keep up the good work! :)

Suggestions/Problems:
    • Options for which script is used (The oldskool 's' confuses the hell out of me)
    • Doesn't handle fada's, and deletes them when entered

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Maqi Lobaccona

Cliste wrote: »
    Is aoibhinn liom é, an bhfuil sé mar aidhm agat suíomh Cliceail.com a cruthú? (Má's ea, lean leis an dea-obair!)

I love it! I works very smoothly! Keep up the good work! :)

Suggestions/Problems:
    • Options for which script is used (The oldskool 's' confuses the hell out of me)
    • Doesn't handle fada's, and deletes them when entered

Grma, a Chliste. Níl aon phlean mór agam don suíomh go fóill..
    cúpla tionscadail bheaga nuair a bhíonn an t-ám agam. :)

- Changed the oldskool S.
    - Fixed the Fada problem.

I may add more control over font & size if there is a demand for it.

I am working on other small Gaelige projects, which I will share over the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Gaelchló ann chomh maith.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Maqi Lobaccona

Gael wrote: »

Tá nasc ag bun an leathanaigh sin cheanna féin.

The font alone won't convert your th, gh, sh, etc.. that's what my tool is for.

I created a Macro for MS Word that does the same thing. Will upload it when I get the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

I created a Macro for MS Word that does the same thing. Will upload it when I get the chance.

What about a macro for the lonely open source cousins!? ;) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Seán MacSuibhne

Gael wrote: »

Ní doiġ liom gur Macro atá i nGaelchló. Má leanann tú an nasc seo beiġ tú in ann na Poncanna a scríoḃ sa tslí ceanna a scríoḃann tú na Fadaí.

ḂĊḊḞĠṀṖṠṪ
    ḃċḋḟġṁṗṡṫ

Cé go ḃfuil sé deaċair na poncanna a ḟeiscint ar na litreacha beaga ḃ agus ḋ

Áḋ mór
    Seán

Advertisement