Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will a pajero 2.8 engine fit into a 2.5 L200 crew cab?

Options
  • 16-05-2010 2:13am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Just doiing some thinking out loud here.

Will the 2.8 TD engine from a Mitsi Pajero/Shogun fit into a 2.5 Mitsi L200 crew cab?

I had a 2.8 automatic Pajero for a few months before and it was great to drive,lovely and pokey and good at accelerating and towing.Much more gutsy than the current 2.5 L200 crew cab.

Now my L200 2.5 manual crew cab is starting to suffer a bit,not as pokey as it used to be and mechanical bits starting to go wrong on it,so Im wondering if I could drop in a 2.8 engine from a Pajero and turn it into a better crew cab.

Anyone have any ideas?

Pic of my old Pajero and my current L200

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,444 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

AFAIK you can't use a 2.5 pajero gearbox with 2.8 Pajero engine, so I doubt a 2.8 engine would fit an L200 2.5 box.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ford4000

Have an l200 myself, so i would be v interested to know of anyone who has done this conversion, if its possible at all without too much hassle.
    I have no intention of selling my l200 as i wouldnt get tuppence for it so if i could liven her up a bit i would sell the engine and box out of it and buy a low miles 2.8 and box or whatever

Anyway paddy147 i like your thinking !!

Advertisement