Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any one read the Blair Diarys.

Options
  • 16-05-2010 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

It was written by Alastair Campbell, got it there a while back great read.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 214horatio

The extracts concerning Brown are to published later on in week the final draft will be called Prelude to Power.

I think Campbell is a breath of fresh air, he pulls no punchs in the Book, showing the vices of power and the people behind the agenda, but also brings a relatively human side to the Blair Years which i find inspiring.

Again great would recommend it to anyone interested in Politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Yeah, it's interesting alright. But Blair doesn't come out of them well. Neither does Brown. Blair seems like a bit of a dilettante - doing impressions of the Japanese PM, etc. Brown comes across as a paranoid control freak:rolleyes:
    The early days with Blair, the 97 election, Mandy's troubles, the David Kelley affair... it gives nice background on those - and his preoccupation with Diana is hilarious - but I did find the Kosovo stuff boring, though he clearly believes he played a central role in it.
    Will definitely read the unexpurgated diaries when they come out in years to come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

I read in the paper today that some book shop customers have been taking Blair's 'A Journey' and putting it in the true crime or fantasy section :Dhttp://www.metro.co.uk/news/839961-tony-blairs-autobiography-becomes-crime-book-after-facebook-campaign

Advertisement