Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2006 1.8 ford focus keyless start system etc. wont start!

Options
  • 15-05-2010 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Have had battery replaced twice ! when i initially tried to start car there was no noise off it at all not even engine trying to turn over ! Afterrepeated attempts there was a clicking sound ! Have brought car to a mechanic before and he said i must have left the light on ! i made a point of turning everything off every time and it happened again and he spent a full day checking it over but couldnt find anything ! also have had a few "sluggish starts" with engine turning over but being very slow to start. usually happens if i leave the car for a day without running it ! Any advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭AzureAuto

Have you had an atermarket alarm or sound system fitted on the car? It sounds as though there is a large current drain on your battery occuring when its switched off. Either that, or the alternator isnt charging your battery. I would have thought the mechanic would have checked the charging system when the new (assuming they were fine) battery was fitted. To check for current drain, take a standard multimeter, set it to the ampere/current setting and then place both probes into the main earth lead. Any reading greater than 2 amps would indicate something draining it, a boot light perhaps. Next step would be to locate the auxillary fuse box and individually remove all fuses for ancillary components; radio, courtesy lights etc. until the current drain drops. There's your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭82dgolf

Old thread,

But it's your keyless entry system it's draining your battery, common problem lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Mainly caused by not pulling the ignition fob out to lock the steering IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭82dgolf

ninty9er wrote: »
    Mainly caused by not pulling the ignition fob out to lock the steering IMO.

It's not there is a problem with this system, when you pull the fob out it still draining power from the battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

8 months later, I'm sure they have it fixed by now.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement