Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are really good headphones for hip hop? (€180-€250 price tag)

Options
  • 15-05-2010 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I am looking to get some really quality ones that provide intense clarity. I owned Beats before but they fell by 2 feet once and broke for good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Sennheiser, love the 215's but they're quite large - sound is great though, I used to DJ with them but they didn't have "punch" in the highs and mids that I really wanted from them though, they're fantastic for home / public transport listening all the same! Should be about 85 or so.

I use HD-25's for DJ-ing with, the sound is incredible, they're practically indestructible, and even if they do break all the parts are user-repacable, and they're made in Ireland to boot. Should set you back about 200. Get the ones with the coiled cable.

And wait a second, those ridiculously expensive "Beats By Dre" things break when they fall two feet????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Yes, they fell 2 feet off my sofa onto the floor and the "Beats by Dre" arch on top broke. Underneath that is a very sharp piece that carries the cables across, it could cut you open easily so you have to use a sock.

They fell 2 feet again 4 months later and they are dead completely, no sound.

That's absolutely ridiculous! Hopefully you've at least learned your lesson about overpriced celebrity endorsed products!

:pac:

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/retro-aviator-headphones-17-05-2010/

Jay-z is coming out with his own now. I wouldn;t recommend buying them periond.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A friend of mine got a pair of BOSE QC15s and swears they are excellent. They are primarily focused on noise reduction so i suspect that there is some sound quality compromise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

http://www.head-fi.org/
    This is great for finding out information on headphones, check out the forums there.

http://www.headphoneworld.com/?gclid=CMLhxfm13KECFQs-lAodbHWEJg

One of numerous sites selling them, I'd shop around, but using these types to browse are great.

I have a pair of AKG LE 518's myself, a very good brand, under the Harmann Kardon umbrella methinks.

Take your time looking around. And you may well not have to spend half the money you're budgeting for, there's some very good quality cans for excellent prices.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Get the new ReLoop RHP-10's. About €80.

About €80 and SERIOUS sound. way less leakage than headphones I've tried which cost over €200 more and the ReLoops are ridic comfy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I recommend the Sennheiser HD 25/1. I've had mine for 9 years and only the earpads have needed occasional replacement.

was over in New York and got the Sennheiser HD380 for 180 bucks, about 146 euros. At least as good as Beats, if not better!

300 for them effing things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement