Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jersey + Guernsey

Options
  • 15-05-2010 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey, I'm off to Jersey and Guernsey in a few weeks for about a week in total. Any suggestions on good pubs, restaurants, activities, attractions, etc would be most appreciated :)

btw, is there a race course on Jersey?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

Restaurants & bars in waterfront area in st helier, also a swimming pool there.

Check out the castle in st helier & also a castle in Gorey.

St Ouens beach

Day trip to st malo in france

Underground war tunnels in jersey also a must

The zoo near st martins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Myself and a big group of mates (7-8) visited a mate of mine in Jersey for the June bank hol weekend last year. Spent 5 nights there and had an absolute ball. Memory is a bit hazy on a few of the names, but the Yacht seemed to be the place to go on nights out. (Fri and sat anyway).

If you're into getting a bit wet, I'd recommend the Kayaking and Coasteering (cliff diving). Let's just say it got the adrenalin going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cigar

thanks fellas, appreciate the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cigar

right so, i'm back...
    jersey was great, would highly recommend it. People were very friendly - if they saw that you were looking a bit lost at a junction, say, they'd stop their car (holding up people behind) and offer help :eek: Pubs in general were grand as was the pub food (Rozel Bar, and Vic in the Valley were my favourites), the Durrell zoo was good, as were the beaches. Rented a bicycle for a few days (from Zebra bikes outside the bus station). Weather was good too which helped.

Guernsey was a bit of a dump.
    :)

Advertisement