Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP -- unknown weed in new lawn

Options
  • 15-05-2010 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭

as described in other threadive had back lawn resown just over a month ago. due to dry weather (i think) its still fairly patchy and a lot of this weed DSC02055.jpghave begun popping up in numbers in bare patches can anyone identify it and then advise me on whether to try hand pick them ( a lot of them ) or will they die back when i start mowing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

can anyone helpo ive been trawling the web for images of weed that matches it but no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

looks like wild mustard to me

thanks and what should i do about it? is it very invasive? it has not appeared in any other part except for the part which was resown?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

looks like wild mustard/charlock....try hand pulling them if it is not too much trouble, or dead heading the flowers before they go to seed- try and prevent them from going to seed as each plant can produce 2,000-4,000 seed:eek: and can remain viable for a long time.

there are no flowers yet so if i pull them by hand do i need to get the roots too??? some of them are very small so hard enough to get roots and all up

• Advertisement
Advertisement