Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

domino scheme

Options
  • 15-05-2010 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

does anybody know where i can get some more info on the domino scheme or has anyone here done it? sounds like a great idea. i live in dublin (drumcondra). thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭PopUp

I'm only 7 weeks at the moment but I have signed up to Domino and they have been absolutely lovely so far. My GP recommended them and everything I've read here or on Rollercoaster has been really favourable.

I think you fall under the catchment area for the Rotunda. They don't have as much info on their website as Holles St does but the scheme is broadly the same - the main difference is Holles St facilitates home births and the Rotunda doesn't. Also you might be outside the catchment areas for Early Transfer Home - you'd need to ring and ask them to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

jmtormey wrote: »
    does anybody know where i can get some more info on the domino scheme or has anyone here done it? sounds like a great idea. i live in dublin (drumcondra). thanks.

is it Holles St one or Rotunda one?
    I'm pretty sure H. St. one doesn't cover Drumcondra.
    I went with H. St. domino and I think it's great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jmtormey

thanks all
    think i will just give rotunda a call and see for sure. i am just a 15 min walk away so i hope i am included!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

PopUp wrote: »
    I'm only 7 weeks at the moment but I have signed up to Domino and they have been absolutely lovely so far.

Can I ask you how you signed up? I'm 12 weeks now and want to sign up but was told to ask when I went for my first appointment which is not til i'm 17 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭PopUp

foxy06 wrote: »
    Can I ask you how you signed up? I'm 12 weeks now and want to sign up but was told to ask when I went for my first appointment which is not til i'm 17 weeks.

Sure! I went to my GP, he gave me a referral letter, and I rang the Domino midwives in the Rotunda directly. Here's the website again, and this is their number: (01) 817 6849/50.

They booked me in immediately with them. I have a booking visit in my home when I'm 12 weeks, and my first scan is at 13 weeks.

Thanks. I assume there is a different no. for holles st. I'll ring the hospital in the morning and see if i can organise it. Don't want to be told at 17 weeks I'm too late to sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭AmcD

I am doing the Domino scheme with the Rotunda at the minute. As far as I am aware they only cover Dublin 7 and Dublin 11. If you want to do the Domino scheme I would advise that you ring the Domino midwives directly as soon as you can ( I rang at 4 weeks). You don't need a GP letter, but it may be helpful to have one by the time you have your booking visit. The Rotunda is very busy in general at the moment.

I know they do it from Holles street in my area alright but not sure about waiting times. I'm going to ring in the morning anyway. Thanks

Advertisement